We are looking for a PHP Developer responsible for managing back-end services and the interchange of data between the server and the users. Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application.
In this role you will be responsible for the following:
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers
- Build efficient, testable, and reusable PHP modules
- Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges
- Hands-on technical coding, and implementing of product features, Peer code review
- Strong experience in OOPS and MVC frameworks in PHP
- Database experience on any of the following: PostgreSQL, MySQL, or MS SQL Server (Preferably PostgreSQL)
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Refactor, optimize and improve the existing codebase for maintenance and scale
Skills & Qualifications:
- Proven software development experience in PHP
- Understanding of open-source projects like Joomla, Drupal, Wikis, ecommerce, etc.
- Good knowledge of relational databases, version control tools and of developing web services
- Experience in common third-party APIs (Google, Facebook, eBay etc.)
- Experience working with large transactional datasets and combining transactional data with web, social and mobile data
- Passion for best design and coding practices and a desire to develop new bold ideas
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Experience participating in agile and fast-paced software development methodologies
- Motivated, driven, and works well independently
- Always researching a better, more efficient way to solve something
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- A chance to join a high-growth company at an early stage
- Exposure to multiple teams and interaction across departments
- Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare and flexible environment
- An opportunity to create impact from your tasks and define what success looks like for the team
- The ability to impact the growth of our company; we value all comments and suggestions!