Secondary Research Expert
This non-supervisory position is responsible for conducting secondary (or desk) research using online research tools and offline reports and/or publications and other available sources to facilitate sound strategic decision-making. This incumbent will conduct secondary market research on various markets, method preferences for standards development, new product/service development, international market trends and opportunities, competitive analysis, SWOT analysis, revenue/financial analysis and predictive modelling and in other areas to increase understanding of our customers and business environment. The incumbent will also utilize primary research reports as needed to support the findings arising out of secondary research.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Conducts secondary market research, competitive/business intelligence to support strategic, tactical, and operational initiatives, as well as research to inform planning and implementation of new and potential Jasper Colin research products and services.
- Syndicated projects: develops research reports to meet business needs, consults with internal business partners, establishes and manages schedules for projects, and monitors progress, to ensure results will provide meaningful and actionable insights.
- Conducts secondary research on key domestic and international markets to support the development of business and marketing plans for those markets.
- Monitors trends in the industries in focus and other related industries to assess their implications for JCR business lines.
- Builds in-depth understanding of the companies in the industry, profiling aspects such as the company’s business model, product offerings, etc., and summarizes the findings in an insightful manner using high-level business language.
- Works with extended teams across global sites and multiple departments to deliver quality outputs.
- Understands B2B dynamics within the industry and aligns with the organization’s business objectives.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred. Preferred specialization in market research, sociology, anthropology, or other social science, marketing, business, or related discipline.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in conducting research by using secondary sources and synthesizing information into concise and distinct findings, with preferred focus on B2B research and for the international audiences.
- Evidence of solid business writing skills; being able to synthesize multiple, disparate sources into a succinct, insights-driven deliverable with attention to detail.
- Secondary market research experience in ICT/TMT/Healthcare/Pharmaceutical/ Finance/Retail industry is a must. Experience with primary market research (surveys, interviews, focus groups) is a plus. Experience with an Insights/ market research function at a global organization is a plus. Curiosity and creativity are highly desired.
- Good skills with the following programs:
- MS Excel
- MS PowerPoint
- MS Word
- Experience using online, secondary research tools and databases like Factiva, Bloomberg, Cortellis, etc.
- Tableau and/or EndNote experience is a plus
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to present complex information in a clear and insightful manner.
- Demonstrated capability in building and managing multiple projects concurrently.
- Must be self-motivated and client service oriented.
- Excellent communication skills: verbal, written, and interpersonal.
- Excellent time and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision and lead projects independently.
- Can handle change and ambiguity.
- Thoroughness, attention to detail, and accuracy in work products required.
- ICT/TMT/Healthcare/Pharmaceutical/ Finance/Retail industry knowledge from a business perspective is desired.