AI & Analytics
Head of Analytics
Jasper Colin Research is beckoning a new age of real time market intelligence, data-analytics and innovation through artificial intelligence-based solutions. We as an organization foster and encourage product thinking in various growth functions such as advanced and predictive analytics, strategic consulting, and AI-based diagnostics. It is the time when the company is taking a 360-degree transformation and is completely transiting from a traditional market research firm to a tech driven consulting firm with various data products like DIY platform, Forecasting tool etc. To continue on this trajectory, we’re looking for a highly ambitious Computational Biologist who would contribute in building innovative Healthcare products and solutions.
Primary responsibility for this position is to manage and integrate state-of-the-art algorithms to large-scale datasets and ensure analyses solutions are implemented in a robust and scalable manner which would help to develop algorithms or models in order to understand biological systems and relationships. An ideal candidate would hold a PhD degree with 3+ years of postdoc or industrial experience or Masters Degree with 7+ years of industrial experience in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Bioengineering, Computational Biology or related field.
- Excellent programming skills in Python, R and Shell scripting
- Experience with Relational database such as Postgres, MySQL or Oracle
- Experience with version control systems such as GitHub.
- Experience with Linux/UNIX/Mac OS X based systems
- Experience with open source bioinformatics tools and publicly available variant databases
- Exceptionally strong communication, data presentation and visualization skills.
- Personal initiative and ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills with the ability to lead projects in a team environment.
- Demonstrated project management and time management skills.
- Attention to detail, critical thinking, and analytical ability.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, within and across culturally and geographically diverse environments.
- Proven ability to assemble, share and apply key learnings across multiple projects.
Other Information/Additional Preferences:
- Interdisciplinary experience especially at intersection of computational and scientific disciplines.
- Leadership skills, ability to lead initiatives and projects.
- Knowledge of medical and statistical terminology; willingness to expend effort in acquiring scientific knowledge and understand strategic issues.
- General knowledge of scientific literature search and retrieval.
- High energy and inquisitive and strong attention to detail.
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- A chance to join a high-growth company at an early stage
- Exposure to multiple teams and interaction across departments
- Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare and flexible environment
- An opportunity to create impact from your tasks and define what success looks like for the team
- The ability to impact the growth of our company; we value all comments and suggestions!